Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Three Months!!

I cannot believe this sweet boy is three months old! I feel like he was just born yesterday! And when I see women with newborns I sound like an old lady because I spout off on how they grow so fast and to enjoy them when their little. And, of course, once a week I scroll through my pictures on my phone and look at the pictures from when he was born and first home from the hospital and crrrryyyyy and think about how I want another baby NOW! And generally Eliot reeeeeeeels me in from insanity, but every now and then he gets a case of the crazies and says, "Let's have another baby!" Luckily that's when I'm usually a little less cuckoo so I can remind him that we'd be in the poor house if we had another baby right now :) Plus, I just love watching Ty grow every day and am completely blown away by all the new things he's doing! Ty was three months on July 22nd and here's a few of fun things about Ty at three months:

--He rolls in both directions! He did it for the first time on July 11th and shocked me by going from tummy to back, then back to tummy, then tummy to back again....all in one go!
--He frequently rolls back to tummy, then gets grouchy about being on his tummy after a few minutes, but somehow forgets that he can roll the other way.
--He props himself up on his elbows when he lays on his tummy. He kicks his legs like a frog and reminds me that someday in the near future he's going to crawl....which is CRAZY!
--He loves to coo and babble and seems to have so much to say! He smiles and laughs and likes the back and forth of our "conversations." Eliot continues to speak to him only in Japanese so when they talk I don't know what either one of them is saying! Although listening to Eliot speak Japanese to a baby (think basic and repetitive) is helping me remember some of my Japanese.
--He is ticklish on his inner thighs and in his ribs. It's super cute, but it's the kind of laughing that if you tickle him for too long he's going to cry. 
--He reaches for things, grabs them, and brings everything to his mouth. He sucks on his hands a lot and drools nonstop. He has also perfected the art of blowing spit bubbles, much to the pleasure of all the little kids at Jiu Jitsu! More than one has commented on this.
--He pulls his legs up and wiggles his feet around, but hasn't reached for them yet. 
--He loves laying our laps and kicking his legs and flapping his arms. He also like to stand in our laps and do what I call "leg workouts" where he lifts a leg up and down repeatedly and then switches to the other side. 
--He is happy to sit with other people, but Mommy and Daddy are still the favorites. And I'm slightly more popular than Eliot, but only because I'm the sole food source!

Enjoy his three months pictures! More than half of them are blurry because he never stops wiggling :)

Big boy!

Little Smile



Funny Face

Making spit bubbles....this kid is talented!
Tryyyyyying to get the onesie in his mouth....

More spit bubbles :)

Sucking on the onesie

Tried to put him on his back for a picture, but couldn't get it because he rolled over too fast!



3 comments:

  1. Ty is so cute. I know what you mean about babies growing too fast. I look back at old pictures of Bella as a baby and it seems like ages ago. Enjoy all the cuddle time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how big Bella is! Let us know if you come up this way :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete