Friday, November 2, 2012

Picking Pumpkins at the Patch

It's my favorite time of year! Pumpkins, cooler weather, seasonal Starbucks drinks (major sign of the season if you ask me!) and a whole bunch of "tradition" things. If you know me, you know that I'm allllll about doing things the same every year. Growing up I always spent all the holidays in various locations with varying sides of all of my families, so I think I clung to little traditions that I could do the same every year. If you ask Eliot he will tell you that this has definitely carried on into adulthood! My last two years living in Davis I worked as a nanny for two very special little boys, Mason and Avery. Twins born at 25 weeks gestation, my two years with them were pretty amazing. I started working with them before Avery was even home from the hospital so I got to be a part of a lot of their first traditions. One of them is that every year I go to the pumpkin patch with them. Usually this means that El and I head down the hill to Davis, but this year they were kind enough to come up our way and brave the Apple Hill crowds! Mason jumped on the bungee jump, Avery got a purple guitar (which he informed was not only purple, but also had a "purple sound"), and Ty got to pick out his first pumpkin (with a little help from Mommy and Daddy)!

Mason jumping!

Our little pumpkin

In a sea of pumpkins...

Touching (and tasting) any pumpkin he could get his hands on!

A squinty, sun-in-our-eyes family picture

No comments:

Post a Comment